Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

ELA Showcase ( ;

My three favorite posts are! :
Me and the Tattoo Gun , Music Is My Life - Poem , and My Most Favorite Time In My Childhood. These are my favorite because my writing sounds, and flows so much better. Also, I'm more descriptive and in detail with my writing, and it's deeper.
*Ex. 1: I loved those tattoos so much , the sparkles and the intricate lines swirled all around the deep colors . - Me and the Tattoo Gun.
*Ex. 2: Turn up the amps
give me a mic
Let my vocals fill your head - This line from Music Is My Life - Poem showed how I was really getting into my writing.
*Ex. 3: The thing I most cherished about her room was the big, blue, rough carpet that blanketed the floor next to the calender and the huge rocking chair. - My Most Favorite Time In My Childhood. I believed this line shows how detailed I'm getting.


A post that most reflects my creativity is The Hunger Games Melody. I had to really think about the lyrics with my friend Katlyn. I normally do not write songs, because my creativity is reflected in my drawings and poems. But I believe this shows it even more, because to write a decent song you have to be super mega creative!


I've grown as a writer! My best piece to represent this is The Hunger Games Research Project. While writing this this post, the class learned how to put links to our resources that we got information into the research paper (which will be showed in the post, just click on link). I learned something new and so I believe that's one of the many ways I have grown as a writer.          

The best example that I am a thinker/learner is Hunger Games Poem Project. I think this shows I am a thinker because this poem was extremely hard to write. The reason for this is because even though I write poems, writing a poem based on a given topic such as a book is hard for me. It's kind of hard to explain but I really had to think a lot about the rhyming words, and keeping it all on that one topic. I also had to use words related to the book, and find words that rhyme with them that also go with the book!
*Ex.: Trying to hold your sanity is hard to do,
when vicious opponents are after you.

No comments:

Post a Comment