Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Zombie (Part 1)

It's October. I'm sitting on the corner of Clemson and Doberman Avenue. I checked the schools, the hospitals, all the houses my feet could carry me to. But nobody, not a soul was left.  The zombies got Jen and Rick. Mom and Dad... Lily and Tim. They're gone too.

My loaded rifle sat to my side with the AK positioned on my back, and the Desert Eagle hanging off my side. I'm almost  out of ammo and food is sparse. I rewrapped my wound and used the last bit of neosporin I had left. Luckily, I got to Dr. Lenards during the evacuation. But the zombies got him, so I have to be careful with the few shots of  vaccine I have. I lay my head on the closest rock, and covered my self with my dad's old army jacket, and dozed off.

As I awakened, I heard a low and gritty moan. Slowly, I turned around with my hands ready to scoop the gun off my hip. I jerked the gun out it's satchel and rose it upward. BLOAW! I shot a zombie in the middle of it's forehead, and warm goopy guts flew in my face. About a dozen more were making their way towards me. I'm the only fresh flesh alive within a 100 mile radius now, and they're ready for a feast. I ran to a Hummer and climbed in. The leather was stripped from the seats, but that didn't matter to me. The keys were still in the ignition, so I took the driving skills I barely had and put them to use.

When I was able to get the Hummer running, the flesh junkies were trying to invade the car. I switched gears and stomped on the gas. To throw them off the car I started swerving left and right as if I was dodging bullets. My technique worked though, and the zombies were flying off the car. One busted the window sheild and I shot it's head off. Another climbed throught the right window and I ripped his arm off. A horrible shriek spilled from it's mouth. I was sick from the excitment and had stopped the car.

 When I regained a bit of strength, I drove for an hour or two so I could perfect my driving. I ended up going for 2 days straight with no sleep or food, just pure Adrenalin was keeping me awake. I turned on the radio hoping for a signal. A broadcast came on.

"Anyone, anyone out there. We are the Survivors Nation. If you can hear us, please come. Woodhaven Blvd, NY. In the old bakery."

I stopped the car and inspected it for weaponry, and maps. It was my luck! The whole trunk was full of weapons and ammo along with a map of  New York. I drove for hours on end, day after day, night through night. Only stopping for supply refills.

 I arrived at the old bakery, and was welcomed by my new family. I was searched for bites and signs of infection. Even though I was bitten, they still invited me into there home and cared for my wound. The vaccine I carried in my blood was cloned and used on everybody within a 100 miles of the bakery. In time we built a barrier around the vaccinated area and a new society was formed.

(This story is continued.. )

15 comments:

  1. Good 4 you i like this alot :) ur a good writer and you should always remember that <3 u

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good story i liked how it had kind of a happy ending lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know your story was good because, i could picture it in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought that the narrator you created did an awesome job of telling this story. Writing sci-fi, especially zombie stories, can be tricky. It's tough to make it believable, while also origional. You defininately do this here. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like that you have a desert eagle and an AK you should continue the story

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME , i really really loved it ! The choice of words were goo too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This reminds me of the movie "I Am Legand" because of the way you where fiqhtinq them and lookinq for other survivors ! Great Job !

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was well made and was a really good story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really good, the next story you should write about is about life in the "new society"

    ReplyDelete
  10. you should talk more about her "new family" you basicly just skipped over them oh and try to make it more realistic but other than that it was alright :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chichiee , I didnt read it all , BUT YOU GO HEAD TALKING BOUT TIM , AND KIM , AND HAM , AND SAM ! LOL ( ;

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you going to continue this?

    ReplyDelete