Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

Art

A - Anytime I need a rest from the world, I draw. Anything. I start with a line, some dots, a circle, a square and then I slowly drift away; into the swirling, tangled up land of Art. Problems start to disappear along with reality. Then I'm home.
R - Reality doesn't stand a chance against my pencil, my pen, or marker. Especially my eraser. Once it hits the paper it all becomes history, it's dead, my struggles are erased completely, and I'm happy once again in that land of art. My world and my happy place. 
T - Taking away the pain. Perfect two, my music and art. Earbuds go in, pencil meets paper and my heart flutters and chills run down me and once again I'm happy. Once again my smile returns, and my soul feels good. 

7 comments:

  1. You're taking acrostic poetry to an entirely different level... no... atmosphere. No.... STRATOSPHERE.

    My favorite line: "Once it hits the paper it all becomes history, it's dead, my struggles are erased completely,"

    Finally, I love the description of your blog. And way to embrace the fact that grammar doesn't have to be perfect ALL THE TIME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Art takes you away from reality, to a place where you can be happy....I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I gotta say I am impressed Leacie I really am. I am the same way with my writing nothing can hold me back and there's no stopping me. Share this at Open Mic. Everyone will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have a real passion about your art huh

    ReplyDelete
  5. you should start posting some of your art work on your blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. The same way you feel about art is the same way, I feel about my music :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The way you feel about art is the same way i feel about my music :)

    ReplyDelete