Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Me And The Tattoo Gun

When I was little , I always liked art . I loved colors , lines , and  shapes  too .  My favorite subject and classes was always art . This is how my dream of being a tattoo artist begun .
    Tattoos fascinated me since I was little . I would always trace the lines on my mom’s tattoo of a rose that has my name, Alycia , on it . In my pocket , I carried 50 cent with me all the time so I could get a temporary tattoo from the machines at the store . I loved those tattoos so much , the sparkles and the intricate lines swirled all around the deep colors .
    Every day when I come home from school , the first thing I’d do is draw a new tattoo, and try my best to find new ways to add to them . Being asked by many people to draw tattoos for them is not my favorite thing to do . But my favorite thing to do , is to draw the tattoos on them ! This is why it’s so hard to keep myself from writing on my skin . I always draw on myself in school , it’s a habit I refuse to break . Honestly , I could care less if I got ink poisoning  .  Plus , it’s awesome practice , without the tattoo gun , to write on my skin . It’s the best canvas !
    My first goal as a teenager  , is to go to a tattoo shop and meet all the people who work there . Getting to know what it feels like to be in a shop is another thing that I could add on to my experience . Maybe even feel what the ink gun feels like when it is turned on . I wonder if you have to be strong to gold the ink gun ? Is it heavy or does it vibrate while you give the tattoo ?  I need these questions answered so I can be prepared . Also , I need to keep exercising my drawing skills so my portfolio will be the best , and I can be accepted for the job .
    My second goal is to graduate college and get an apprenticeship so that I can learn from a professional tattoo artist ! This guy  or girl will teach me  all I need to know about becoming a tattoo artist myself ! My apprenticeship really won’t end until he teacher tells me that I’m ready to work in a shop . So the more experience I get the better I’ll be !
    I can’t wait until this day comes . But until then I guess I’ll have to work on my portfolio of art . I hope I can give my friends some tattoos also !

13 comments:

  1. i hope you follow your dreams of becoming an tatto artist because your a great artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was good, But Tattoo's hurt! :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do hurt. But you'll get used to it. I know I'm gettin tatted up! Haha.

      Delete
  3. its a deep story. and litterally because a tattoo is deep

    ReplyDelete
  4. where would you go to a apprenticeship

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To get an apprentinceship you could go to any tattoo shop around that would accept you.

      Delete
  5. thats so cool i feel like im looking into your mind to see your goals

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats really good girl..Do you know were that tatoo place is on 29?? The guy that works there is named Bones!! he cool you can learn alot from himm you should check it out love you..!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's wierd how just last night i was watching Ink LA (I think thats what it's called) & The day after, I'm reading this story about Tatoos ! This is cool (: I like tatoos too <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, I've never really thought about the weight of the ink gun. It probobally is a lot different than writing with a pencil. Cool idea. And oh, your writing flows really well....great job with the revisions!

    ReplyDelete