Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

My Most Favorite Time in My Childhood

I remember it like it was yesterday . I was 5 , in class being goofy . There was this one class that I had the most wonderful teacher and classmates . Especially one dude in particular . Unfortunately I forgot his name , but we were best friends !

The most memorable moments were when we were in class learning how to count by tens . I stuck the counting blocks up my nose and started acting like a walrus !

"Girl , get them blocks out yo nose like that ! You ain't no walrus ! "  my best friend shouted.

The whole class stopped and stared at me . Mrs. Panelope turned my green card yellow . Although my card was yellow I was still laughing . The next day , because of my foolishness , I wasn't aloud to help make ginger bread cookies and apple cyder for our class Christmas celebration . When I found that out I sobbed for about 5 minutes like a widow mourning the death of her husband . (It was just that bad !) And as I recall , some of those ginger bread cookies "ran off" !

I remember Mrs. Penelope's class smelling sweet like perfume. The thing I most cherished about her room was the big , blue , rough  carpet that blanketed the floor next to the calender and the huge rocking chair . Our class would sit on the carpet while Mrs. Penelope sat in the rocking chair and  read books and sing songs . I learned "Where the Watermelons Grow" and " The Bear Went Over the Mountain" on that carpet . ( I thought I was so cool singing those songs around school ! ) That area was the best place to be , warm and cozy , just like my bed . When everybody else was making cookies and warming the cool golden cyder,  that's where I sat . In the big , whop-sided rocking chair with the blue pillow underneath me .  When  the first batch of cookies ran off  we were puzzled . And soon after the second batch was made and they were the best cookies. Golden brown just like the cyder .

I wish I could go back to the second grade , and relive those memories.

3 comments:

  1. I love it . I like the way you explained your story

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good leaciie..I like how you said you were acting like a walrus..Thats funny..Good job

    ReplyDelete